Wednesday 3 June 2009

Royals Vs Lions- What I Think


What a game! Even when we where losing I had no dought we would win as the option was so week. I was thinking to my self before the game if we do not win by 35+ this might be a tuth tour. Could this be like Englan RWC in 2007?
.
So a quick brake down. First I think we do have the tactics right, quick ball, fancy offloading and it seems if in there 22 the Munster mull was used. So what went wrong first the altitude got to the boys you could tell by 20 min in they look out of shape but know after that game they should be better.
.
The tow mean problems in the game that our backs lack spark, I would say that came from the centres. You had Robert's doing what Robert does and runs hard and fast and Earls had a bad game what they lack was a change on angles and direction from midfield; what you would get from BOD and Flutty. Second we where slow and ineffective at the brake down to many turn overs and the Royals where just stepping over the ball like u12 are shown. The need to be there quicker and get more physical even it means playing a bit more on the edge.
.
Good thing: Shane Bryne shown why I think he is the best fall back in the world and that try of his is in my top try I have ever seen! The subs made a big impact, the pick of them Mears, who looking like a shoe in for the 2 shirt. Phillips was looking extremely good and strong at the brake down. Flutty opened up the backs when he came on must be a shoe in for a test place. Vickery add a lot of leadership when he came on, test starter or is Vickery the impact sub?
.
Job done? Maybe but they need to put down the flag agents the Golden Lions!






1 Bok Down 9 two go.

No comments: