Thursday 11 June 2009

Lions Vs Sharks- What I Think

It was a good win 3-39 but it fills like we just scrap throw a win. I don't know if I was so lost it the game to not see we put 40 point (give or take) on them but it shows that even a well drilled team with a soled D we can score good trys and come away with a convincing win.

OK for my round up I will start with this man ROG or Ronan O'Gara before the game he told keo.co.za "It’s frustrating to watch from the bench. Nobody wants to watch from the bench," he said. "I felt like an imbecile in that first match in Rustenburg. I certainly underestimated the effects of altitude. The mind was telling me one thing, but the body wouldn't get into position to do it. "The boys took it up a fair few notches at Ellis Park, and I asked myself why there was an efficiency in that game that there wasn’t when I played," So it seems he know that Geech and Co where giving him the test 9,12,13 to let him show he what he can do with them. Well they did score trys from the mid Field and he did control the mid field unlike Hook but something lack he just could not make it work like Jones. ROG did not play like he dues in the Ireland or Munster shirt he seem to be trying to play with a bit of flare. I be happy to say ROG will be second filled to Jones now.

As I said before Phillips has the test 9 shirt, BOD has the test 12 shirt and Roberts has the 13 Fluty seem good when he came on but time is up to form a good combo with BOD. The others I be happy to say in the backs who have pined there test shirt who played Wednesday is the best 15 in the world Lee 'The Sunbed' Byrne top stuff from him again. Fiz look good on the wing and I would say his test shirt is all on how Monye plays on Saturday. Williams will be lucky man to make it in.

Alun-Wyn Jones, Tom Croft, David Wallace, Jamie Heaslip all I would say played them self on a test team sheet they where key to the win with line-outs, quick ball at the brake downs and got there hands dirty. I will not use my blog to undermine Paul O'Connell as a captain but he seems to be finding the job a wee bit harder than being Munster Captain .

Before the game Stephen Jones said in his daily e-mail from the Lions tour that "Latest discussions in and around the Lions camp surround the identity of the loose-head for the forthcoming Test series. The argument is rather obvious in one sense. Do they go for the incredible power of Andrew Sheridan, the man who sent the Lions scrum rocketing forward against the Cheetahs last Saturday?Or do they go for Gethin Jenkins, whose defence in the middle of the field against the Golden Lions was so remarkable? The point is that Jenkins is nothing like as powerful a scrummager at Sheridan. He is not a bad scrummager, just not a ferocious one.On the other hand, Sheridan is not nearly as active in the loose play as is Jenkins - although the ability of Sheridan to carry along the hard yards is significant." Well I think the debate on this one is still open Jenkins played well and his D was out of this world. He did give away the odd penalty but the South African ref seemed to give it to the Sharks even when the Sharks chap was not binding on and drooping his shoulder, I say no more. Lets just see how Sheridan plays on the weekend. Adam Jones played well but Vickry has been playing well and so has Murry. Mears as the only Hooker who can throw straight has got the test shirt but he has been playing well in the scrum and on the field.



4 boks down 6 to go!

Lets see how Jones, Ellis, Sheridan, Murray,Bow,D'Arcy, Fluty,Monye get on come boy let keep it going.

No comments: