Thursday 4 June 2009

Lions Vs Lions- What I Think

What a game, I must say I am so happy as the tour starts now! I said at the end of last game's (Royal XV) 'What I think' that the boys needed to put a flag down to let the bok know the lions are in town and are looking to go hunting.

It was the same tactics they used in the last game but they did the small things which payed off. Good offloading, Munster Mull in there 22 work but probly needed more of the Munster pack in it. The forwards played out of there skin and especially that old Raging Bull Vickery.

So the Front row where alsom Mears and Vickery I would say have a test spot. Open side Sherdon Vs Jenkins for that shirt. Second row look good it will be a fight till the end to see who gets the second, second row shirt. If Croft has not shown why he should be on tour or to play flanker for Lester or make the England flanker shirt his with out fight with Haskell or even show why he is the man to start for the lions I don't know what he has to do. Heaslip, Wallace must be first choice.

Sound game from Jones-Phillips. BOD is the man. He is playing like he 22 again if he carrys on this way he wont just be seen as the best center in the world but be writing his name with the all time greats. Roberts has stuck his big hand up into the sleeve of a test shirt it not his to lose but Flutys to win. The back 3 played ok. I think the wings is the Lions biggest problem at this time no play has truly stuck there hand up yet.

You can't get excited the Golden Lions where week and this is where the Lions should be at nothing more. I would say thou Lions defence was top class as I think the Golden Lions had more persecution I hate to here what Mr Edwards said to the boys this week.



Two Bok's down 8 to go!

4 comments:

ben!!! said...

whats wrong with the wings you berk!!! bowe has it sewn up and a big fight for the other wing only!!! 9,10,12,and 13 allready looking solid!! do they let anyone write these bloody blogos niculaaaas!!!!

Nic Conner said...

Thank You "Ben!!!" You sound like some one I know. I do think your right 9,10,12,13 seem to be "solid" but what I was saying that the wings there no one standing up when you would expect something more from them. Bow been the best but he and the other wings seem to lack the X factor. We could beat the Boks with out attacking wing and use them to watch Habban. I put this to you could 1/2P be the star wing for the Lions; I think so. If he is it be a Halfpenny and Bow wing combo and who fought that one in November!

ben!! said...

loving the gangsta slang for halpenny!!! he might be class or don an earls!! bowe scored twice and had a massive part in four tries with the crucial pass for two!! and looking for work and getting a try in a poor game against the royal xv. what more ye after!!

Nic Conner said...

Ben your lost a !. I dont know you can not exsplane the x factor that why it the x factor. I be happy with him but we need a star wing in the test I hope Halfpenny the man (boy).