Friday 5 June 2009

Lions Vs Cheetahs- Preview

My first thought about this team is a worried one. I don't know why but I can't help think this team can slip up. I think it's because of the mid filled of Hook, Fizgerald and Earls. There all good players in there own right but rally are the Lions 3 chose mid field. I just hope they make me look silly to say this by being awesome. Young Earls has to play the game of his life and I hope he dose. I giving him some stick on here OULB and on rucku and I hope I will have to eat my words. Fizgerald playing inside? Hook we all know Hook on his day is one of the best players on this green, green earth but, as we seen with the Ospreys, he can lack control and with a young guns out side him will he lose control?

Back 3. Byrne we all hope to see some of the same, what a great player. 1/2P I hope will show us something special I hope he will bring some spark to add two Byrne. Williams needs to show some of his 2008 forum he look like to be riding the bench for the tests.

Powell, Worsley, Ferris a big 3! They need to use there power and bulk to boss the brake down, Ferris is looking good.

Sheridan and Murray if have a good game will be putting perisher on Geech to give them a test run out. Mr Ford and Ellis have not look bad and I expect them to look good. Is O'Gara on the bench in case Hook lose control and if he dose will hook play inside and bring on D'Arcy? No back row subs.

This won't be the Tryfest of Wednesday but we will all be looking for a good win. If our defence is good and stop them scoring Trys and if we get 2+ Trys and kick our goles I be happy with a low scoring win.

Lions Team to take on The Freestate Cheetahs:
Lee Byrne (Wales); Leigh Halfpenny (Wales), Keith Earls (Munster), Luke Fitzgerald (Ireland), Shane Williams (Wales); James Hook (Wales), Harry Ellis (England); Andrew Sheridan (England), Ross Ford (Scotland), Euan Murray (Scotland), Donncha O'Callaghan (Ireland), Paul O'Connell (Ireland,capt), Stephen Ferris (Ireland), Joe Worsley (England), Andy Powell (Wales).
Subs: Matthew Rees (Wales), Adam Jones (Wales), Simon Shaw (England), Nathan Hines (Scotland), Mike Blair (Scotland), Ronan O'Gara (Ireland), Gordon D'Arcy (Ireland).

Update:
Cheetahs team to take on Lions:
H Daniller; D Demas, C Uys, M Bosman, J W Jonker; J-L Potgieter, T de Bruyn; W Du Preez, A Strauss, K Calldo, N Breedt, D de Villiers, H Brussow, F Uys, H Scholtz (capt).
Subs: R Strauss, W P Nel, F Viljoen, K Floors, G Odendaal, L Strydom, F Juries.
Strongest team Lions have yet come across. Bring it on!

No comments: